Wednesday, May 28, 2008

all time low

Saturday night I hit an all time low.

At 2 in the morning, before going to Charlie’s for after hours, I put about 2 glasses of Franzia Red Sangria boxed wine (which in itself is pretty tacky already) in a gallon sized Hefty “ziplock” bag, with a straw. Then I shoved the entire thing down my pants so that I could knock it back whilst walking to and at the bar.

Now don’t get me wrong. In the past I have, probably about 2 to 3 times, snuck in bottles of beer in a coat, or in a bag, or in my anus to a bar. Which is very economical, unless you get caught.

Oh yes. I’ve been caught. But not in an embarrassing “Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leave” way. But more in a, Dane and I were stupid and left our empty bottles of Miller Highlife, which we had snuck in, in Dane’s bag, on the table. So when the bar tender saw them, and we knew her somewhat since this was our usual OSF post-show bar, she very nicely said, “Oh, I didn’t charge you for those, duh.” So in this instance instead of saving money, we paid for the beer in question….TWICE.

Beer is so easy to sneak into a bar. Especially in Ohio and Illinois were it’s Winter 11 out of 12 months so huge coats abound. But how do you sneak in boxed wine?

LIKE THIS:
100_0678

So later you can do THIS:

100_0679

1 comment:

Aileen said...

I never even thought of that...quite brilliant, really ;)